Download the May 2016 poster (1-page PDF) with information about our upcoming services and events:
- May 1 – Laura Eriksson is a gifted artist, gardener, and calligraphist. She will be using Matthew 13 to give a reflection entitled “On Seed, Sower and Song”.
- May 8 – J. Evan Kreider, musicologist, chorister, and photographer, will give part one of a two part series on tithing. “Giving: To Tithe or Not to Tithe, that is the Question.” Part one will focus on teachings from the Hebrew scriptures and a future part two will focus on the NT.
- May 15 – Pentecost Sunday: Andre Pekovich, long-time congregational coordinator at PGIMF, will be reflect on Rene Girard’s social theory to identify how Christ came to end the recurring violence society does to its weakest
members. “The Final Scapegoat”.
- May 22 – Gerald Neufeld is on staff for music at Emmanuel Mennonite church in Abbotsford, as well as ministering to the Japanese Mennonite church in Surrey.
- May 27 – 29 Camp Luther: Come join us for our annual time of fellowship together at Hatzik
Lake. We have asked resource person Esther Hizsa to lead us in three sessions on the topic of “God: closer than we imagine”.